“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” Hebrews 1:11

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The world seems a little smaller...

I love to hear about people who are just ready to sacrifice and serve in the mission field. I have met an amazing woman (Shannon) who has a heart for orphans and is in China RIGHT NOW spending time with these precious children in orphanages. What is more amazing is that she was with our daughter today!!!!!!! This is the woman who had been praying for Angel (Nellie). She had even thought about adopting her as well, but after many many hours of prayer felt that the Lord was not confirming her desire. That was the same day that Mike and I had confirmation that we WERE to adopt her. Here is an update from her blog...I will put a link to it, so if you want to read more about this mission trip you can. Pure religion for sure!! Shannon we love you!


From Shannons Blog:

This is going to be a short version, I HOPE tomorrow to get the wordy version out but I can barely keep my eyelids open. I woke up this morning KNOWING this would be a day forever marked in my snapshots of life. Little did I know how true that would be by the end!

I met an Angel today. And sobbed my eyes out! Many of you read on my blog about Angel and how we thought maybe she was ours. She IS an Angel and amazing. Full of Hunan spice FOR SURE! ;-) Butterfly House, I can't wait to pour out my heart about it. Soon.


No comments: