“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” Hebrews 1:11

Friday, February 10, 2012

Second Half of the Trip

We are in Guanzhou now and have met up with some wonderful adoptive families from around the country. It is hard to believe that half of the trip is now over. It was extremely bittersweet leaving Changsha...I left part of my heart there. The people, sounds, smells, and spicy Hunan food will be something I never forget. I hope to be back someday...

We had a busy first morning in Guanzhou after a long night yesterday. We got to the hotel around ten at night and got settled into our room. Then, I was determined to find some food...I was a hungry momma (both Fred and Mike know what that means)! After finding a place to eat, we headed up to the room. Nellie was ready to go! After a long nap on the plane, out came her silly side. Funny is an understatement...she was pulling out all the tricks! She even got daring with her walking, cruising all over the hotel room. What a good time...I wish I had video taped it all for you to see! She went down about an hour later with out a peep, and guess what? She slept through the night! I think she wore herself out with all her silliness! Then, this morning we went for her medical exam. A zoo would be the best way to describe it. It was a good time, however, to catch up with other families. It is amazing to meet so many people with the heart for adoption. We have been so blessed by this child. If your heart is tugging at you to take this step, LISTEN! The Lord smiles when He sees one of His children with a family.

No comments: