“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” Hebrews 1:11

Monday, March 12, 2012

It is all in the Name


As you can see I have changed our blog name as we are no longer waiting for Anela to come home...she is already here and fits right into the Scisciani routine! So I had the whole family throw out a couple ideas for a title and I got some very creative responses. We decided upon "Chinese Spaghetti" kudos to my hubby who thought it was the perfect description for our beautifully blended family (can you tell we might be foodies??) Actually we have been using the phrase rather loosly now and quite often as it seems to describe our life right now to a tee - sweet, salty, and a bit spicy!

Oh the memories that have been created these past few weeks. I'll try to give you a short run down...

1. Teaching Nellie new words. The kids love getting Nellie to repeat them. She now has a new favorite word that she says in her tiny sweet voice that pops up at very funny times; "AWESOME!!"

2. Early mornings with Nellie. These mornings are early, but oh so sweet. We get some
great bonding time and some extra cuddles.

3. Stranded with a flat tire. Thankfully I was in an area where I could get help easily, but
quite an experience with little ones in the car. Spending two hours in Costco to get a new tire put on proved to be challenging, but fun. We came up with some pretty great ideas to pass the time (see attached picture!)

4. Watching Nellie take her first steps without us holding her hand. We were cheering like
it was the Superbowl! Gigi is still getting use to lossing her title as "the baby" of the family and was caught in our video rolling her eyes as we were cheering. On the flip side, though,
she was the first one to tell Grandma that she walked.

5. Soccer practices with 5 kiddos (I take a friends child too). Crazy, fun chaos! The little ones love playing in the sand while watching big brother practice.

6. Singing at the top of our lungs, the itsy, bitsy spider. Love having a toddler in the house again!

I am sure many more memories are in the working. I love this life the Lord has blessed us with. There are good days, great days, and days that I flop into my bed at night glad that we made it through. So here you have it: Chinese Spaghetti.

No comments: